Thanks to Zoe at the wonderful Just English blog for nominating me for the Liebster Blog Award! Before I go shopping for my new dress, let me answer the questions required and nominate my seven choices.
1. Name a book you would read over and over again?
I am currently reading The Lord of the Rings for the umpteenth time. I used to read it once a year, but I haven’t read it in several. I’m really enjoying it afresh.
2. If you could have 3 wishes granted, what would they be?
Wow, this is hard… OK, first, I don’t care about being rich, but it would be great for my husband and I to both be able to pursue our dreams without having to worry about future finances. Second, I’d like a house in St. Thomas, overlooking the water (of course). Third, a long-haul boat with a captain (and, I guess, free fuel). Doesn’t have to be big – 45-50′ is fine. :o)
3. Who was your favorite teacher and why?
Martha Higgenbotham in high school. She made everything fun and interesting, and also took a real interest in her students.
4. Where is your favorite vacation spot?
Vacation spot would be anywhere in the Caribbean: Keys, Bahamas, Virgins, Caymans, etc.
5. What chore do you absolutely hate doing?
6. What is your favorite dessert?
Good key lime pie.
7. What is your least favorite mode of transportation?
Definitely a bus.
8. When you were a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?
Marine biologist and/or a charter boat captain.
9. If money was no object where would you live and why?
That’s hard. I would live in Uganda in a heartbeat, because I love it there, have friends, etc. I would live in Jinja, not Kampala. But since my husband wouldn’t go with me, then my next best would be either the Keys or St. Thomas or the Bahamas. Since I couldn’t live in the Bahamas though (you can only stay 90 days at a time), I guess that’s out!
10. What is your dream career?
Being a writer. And I have recently begun!
11. What movie do you flat-out refuse to watch, no matter how good people say it is?
There’s a lot of movies I won’t watch, since I don’t watch any horror movies, or gross movies, and very few chick flicks. It would be hard to pick just one! I wouldn’t watch “Saving Private Ryan” again, although I saw it at the theater – not because it’s not a good movie, but because it upset me for days.
Terms and conditions:
Please answer the questions below. Nominate 11 people and use the same questions or write your own.
- Name a book you would read over and over again?
- If you could have 3 wishes granted, what would they be?
- Who was your favorite teacher and why?
- Where is your favorite vacation spot?
- What chore do you absolutely hate doing?
- What is your favorite dessert?
- What is your least favorite mode of transportation?
- When you were a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?
- If money was no object where would you live and why?
- What is your dream career?
- What movie do you flat-out refuse to watch, no matter how good people say it is?