Today we welcome my fellow author Travis Simmons, who has just released his newest novel, Desolation, a zombie thriller. He’s going to share his Top Ten Favorite Movies with us. Don’t forget to enter the Giveaway for a Kindle Fire!
My Top Ten Favorite Movies
I am not the type of person that stays up on the newest movies coming out. I rarely go to the theatre, I rarely watch TV to see previews. If a preview pops up on Facebook, that is how I see them. Often my sister will say she rented a movie and I will have no idea what she is talking about, even if it is a movie I wanted to see. BUT I do have my favorites, and they will show my true geek colors.
- Star Wars ~ I am sure many people will scoff when I say I didn’t like Star Wars until the newer ones came out. Honestly, when the original ones were out I was too young to even remember them. When my mother and brother used to watch them, I was too young to be interested in them. It wasn’t until the new ones came out that I realized what I had been missing.
- Dune ~ I love the sci-fy channel version of this movie. The original one was silly to me because I haven’t read the books, and I the movie seemed to graze over important elements that would fill in the story for me. The sci-fy channel one had that detail in it that made you feel like you were actually watching a story of a different world.
- The Wizard of Oz ~ I love this movie. It is one of my all-time favorites. I would be lying if I said I didn’t side with the Witch though.
- Star Trek ~ This is the new ones. I think this series will go the way of Star Wars for me. I have only watched a couple of the old movies, and that was in response to how much I loved the newer ones. Into Darkness was just so amazing in my book.
- The Little Mermaid ~ I get picked on for this movie all the time, but I really do love The Little Mermaid. When I was younger I wanted to donate my body to science so they could MAKE me a merman. Now I don’t want to do that, instead I will just have to write about them.
- The Perks of Being a Wallflower ~ Awesome movie. In fact, I need to read the book after watching the movie. It just made me feel so happy and reminded me of friends and times past.
- The Rocky Horror Picture Show ~ I laugh every time I watch “Sweet Transvestite.”
- Hedwig and the Angry Inch ~ It has been compared to Rocky, but I don’t think there is really any similarity. It was a movie my cousin recommended to me, and when I was first watching it all I could think was “What on Earth am I watching?” At some point during the movie (I can’t remember exactly when) I fell in love with it.
- Interview with the Vampire ~ I loved this book, and I loved the movie. Surprisingly, it was one of the few Tom Cruise movies I enjoyed, and I think he did a great job as Lestat.
- Legend ~ Yet another Tom Cruise movie I love. BUT I don’t like the uncut version with all the singing and dancing.
So those are some of my favorites. What are yours?