I have been given the “One Lovely Blog” award by Brautigan’s Girl. This is pretty awesome, especially as this blog is new, and I get so busy I neglect it. A HUGE thank you for thinking my blog is worth reading, and for your lovely comments. I am truly honored that you would think of me for this!
It looks like I’m supposed to post 7 interesting things about myself, and then pass on the award to blogs I enjoy. So here goes…
1. I’m a 5th generation Floridian. There aren’t many who can say that!
2. I have been inside the Great Pyramid in Giza, Egypt.
3. I recently went white water rafting on the Nile.
4. I listen almost exclusively to books on tape (OK, on iPod) when I’m driving.
5. I have trained 3 kids to drive, plus 2 cousins when I was younger. I think that’s enough!
6. I’ve journaled 99% of days in the last twenty years. I have shelves of journals!
7. If I could, I’d live on a boat in St. Thomas.
Not sure those are all that interesting… but they’re random facts, of which I am a fan!
Blogs that deserve the One Lovely Blog award:
Texanas Kitchen – Anybody who has a blog post called “How to Eat Ice Cream with your Whole Body” is my kind of gal!
The Brown Eyed Baker – She makes cupcakes, with BEER. ‘Nuff said.
Sarah Herbert’s blog – this is a young friend of mine, and my daughter’s long time boyfriend’s sister (got that?!). She’s been through quite a journey since graduating from college a couple of years ago, and she’s doing great!
Thanks, everyone, for your support. It’s been a great summer!