My family returned from a week vacation on Sunday night at 9pm. Yesterday, panic ensued as we had to buy groceries, gifts, and other things that we’d neglected to do before the trip or couldn’t do ahead of time. Our big family meal is Christmas Eve, so I was “in the zone” all day, cooking and cleaning and setting the table. But then, after dinner, we all played Texas hold-em for a few hours and laughed and had a blast. (Okay, yes… I won! Beginner’s luck.) Today we do brunch and that’s all, so I expect profound laziness. Relaxation. Candy canes. No more poker though; I’m going out a winner.
But then, on Wednesday, life begins again, and it’s less than a week until the New Year. I’m not huge on resolutions, but I do like to set goals for the next year. Not crazy, unattainable goals that won’t last past January. Real ones, that move me forward in the areas that I’m already working on. So here are mine. Do you have any big goals for 2013? I’d love to hear them!
- Start a publishing company.
- Publish 8 of my own books (maybe 9; my husband and I may collaborate on one).
- Write 6 books (maybe 7, see above) – 2 (or 3) nonfiction and 4 fiction.
- Get my migraines under control so I can get back to my regular exercise routine.
- Move. We’re going to be moving out of the city we have lived in for 20 years (my husband is from here), although we’re not sure yet where we’re headed. So that’s an adventure! This goal entails getting the house ready for sale – not my favorite thing.
In addition, we have 2 graduations (high school and college) and a wedding in May and June, I’m going to Uganda for 2 1/2 weeks in Feb/March, and my grandmother (God willing) is turning 100 on December 1.
So my year looks pretty nuts, and my over-arching goal is to organize my days so that everything gets done and I’m not working nights and weekends. We’ll see how that goes – we creative types aren’t known for our organization!
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! Thanks for your support of this blog in 2012. I’m blessed!